Sunday, November 12, 2006

a relaxing weekend

It was a good weekend here. Pat and Bonnie (and Tony, I guess, since he is pretty much stuck with Bonnie for a couple more months) came down for the weekend. Katie was a co-hostess of the baby shower held on Saturday, and she was a very serious hostess.

Kim and I went to see Stranger Than Fiction on Friday night, which has to be one of the all-time greatest date movies. And since we were on a date, that worked out well for me. I like this woman, and I will leave it at that for now.

Saturday while the girls were all at the shower, the guys got to hang out and watch football and do nothing important. And then we met up with Bonnie's family at a Mexican restaurant they really like. It has never struck me as being anything particularly special, but it is good and they love it. Which is good enough for me.

Today we all met for breakfast, though I skipped because I wasn't feeling great, and then we all went to Mass together. It is good for me to do that because I realize again that as much as the Catholic church is my home and always will be, I make a really terrible Catholic. But the homily was wonderful, though I am not sure how the mother fox ended up with neosporin, and even if I think he missed taking on the fundamental point of the gospel reading. But it was wonderful nonetheless. He is a wonderful priest and will be missed after his retirement.

And then we just had another relatively quiet day around here. The Chiefs were disappointing in Miami, but if that is my biggest complaint of the weekend, I will take it. And now I am off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556