Thursday, October 26, 2006

a long week

It has been a long week around here, and I am certainly looking forward to the weekend. There is not a whole lot scheduled around here this weekend, which is nice.

Katie has her last soccer game on Saturday morning. I have enjoyed her being on the team, but it will be nice to be done with the scheduled stuff three days each week. Her coaches are great and the kids are nice, and maybe the best part is how supportive as a group the parents are without being obnoxious.

She will have to decide soon whether she wants to play soccer in the spring or do the play at the church since they both are Saturday morning commitments. I would prefer that she continue to play soccer; she has improved much this season, but she is still very shy and I would like to see her be somewhat tougher. And she needs to deal with a little bit of failure to understand it is part of life. But she came off the field crying last week when someone scored on her a couple of times, and so I would like her to learn some of the important lessons of sports.

And I don't want to be in the church yet another day.

Granted, by then, I almost assuredly won't be working there anymore. So maybe it won't be so bad.

And now, to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556