Sunday, October 22, 2006

the closing comment

From the episode of Everwood that Katie and I watched tonight. This rang really true for me ....

When things are working right in the universe, the loss of innocence is usually followed, in time, by an increase in humanity.

Time is funny like that.

For everything it robs us of, it grants us something.

Sometimes it is a new friend.
Sometimes it is a better understanding of ourselves.
Sometimes it is just a perfect day.


And I close with a thought from Gonzo, one of my favorite Muppets, who reminded us that "there's not a word yet for old friends that just met."

But I do think that it is in the time of brokenness, and of being robbed of something, that we allow ourselves the kind of vulnerability that makes the people who would be just new friends and allows them to be old friends that just met.

Off to bed now ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556