Saturday, October 14, 2006

Everwood again

ABC Family started showing Everwood in syndication a couple of weeks ago, and to them I am most grateful. I started watching it again today and saw the first couple of episodes, and it is simply as amazing as I remembered. The first episode in particular is so perfectly executed and so real in terms of the emotional content that it is just stunning.

I think my favorite character of these early shows is Julia, the wife who has died. The actress and the character are so well done that she continues to be a real presence in the series even though I don't think she appears very often after the first few episodes. Compared to the dead mom in Providence, for example, which is a show we used to watch back in the day, Julia is so real and vital and such a part of the family though she is gone.

I am passed the time of feeling Becky around us much. I guess that is healing. It is also sad for me, I must admit. And I don't know how true that statement is anyway. Simple things, like coming across her handwriting, still brings her so tangibly into my life it is amazing.

Anyway, if you have never seen the show, check it out in syndication. It is so worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny that you should say the handwriting brings her...
Recently I was digging through some papers looking for a survey I needed that I had done at SFA. I found several old notebooks I had put aside. One of them was my math notebook. I read through the graded work and Becky's comments on them. It made me ache some, but overall, I just had to smile.

10/26/2006 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556