Sunday, August 14, 2005

the day is here

Katie starts kindergarden. Amazing. I hope I am ready. I know she is ready. I spent most of the day just on the cusp of tears. A dear, dear friend from our years in Florida sent Katie a backpack, and this morning I noticed for the first time the picture of Becky and Katie together that she had put in it. It was from about three years ago, just before we moved to Texas, about six months before Becky was diagnosed. So simple, pure, happy. I long for that simplicity again, but I guess it is not to be.

Someday I will figure out how to post pictures and get some on here. I will also post links, too, but for now I am just clueless about this stuff.

All right, I need to go pack a change of clothes for her backpack, and I need to write her a lunch money check, and I need to get some sleep, though I am sure it will be fitful tonight. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556