Friday, August 12, 2005

Howdy

Hello, everybody. I am new to this, and this is my first post. I have a dear friend who has her own blog, and I think it is a wonderful idea, and so I am trying this out.

A little about myself. My name is Curtis, and I am a 33 year old widower living in San Antonio, Texas. My wife Becky died of lung cancer on March 28, 2004 after a 15 month battle with the disease. I have a little girl, Katie, who is the greatest child the world has ever known, and she starts kindergarden on Monday. Tonight, in fact, we went to her school to meet her teacher, Mrs. Massey. I guess it is good that she is no long Ms. Mechler, as she was last year; else I might have been hitting on her all year.

The name of the blog is Becky's Garden, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with gardening. Maybe that is ultimately a mistake because random people might wander in looking for tips on how to raise plants, and all I know is that water and sunlight are in general good. The title of the blog comes from Becky herself, I guess. I had a psychic reading done in April, and she channeled Becky, and Becky called me her garden. And the metaphor is amazing. I will develop it, I hope, in the weeks and months and years ahead. One of the amazing experiences of widowhood for me has been understanding that I can do this. Some days are better than others, of course, but I can do this. And so I first start dating looking for someone who could provide for me and for Katie all of the things that Becky provided. In short, I was looking for a new gardener. Now, almost a year and a half, I realize that I am my own gardener. I can tend this wonderful space that Becky called her husband and her garden.

I will tell you more about myself and my life as time goes by. But for now I am going to work on putting some of this stuff together.

Curtis

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good start Curtis!!!!

I think it's gonna be awesome and can't wait to read more!!



(((Hugs))), Angels, and Butterflies,

Patty

8/11/2005 10:56 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Curtis--

I look forward to reading your thoughts... Even though we sit in different spots, I even feel like reading about your journey will help me to heal in mine (I just lost my Mom to the beast as well...)

Will be checking back often.

Val

8/11/2005 11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with us! I'm a blogger too. I think Becky would be so proud of how her garden is blooming.

Michele

8/12/2005 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556