Saturday, August 13, 2005

online dating

I have had several questions from friends asking how the lunch date went yesterday. It was really fun. Cathy and I went to the same church in high school. She is a couple of years older than me, and so we weren't there for a long time together. But we had a very nice lunch. She is very easy to talk to, and very easy to look at, which is a nice combination.

One of my friends asked me if I felt any sizzle, and I told her that I am hard up enough that I would feel sizzle with a tunafish. So, yeah, I felt sizzle. Anytime you sit me across from a cute female of reproductive age and she smiles at me, I will feel sizzle.

Online dating is a funny business. Ten days ago, I was complaining about how there was no activity right now. I have been out about four times with Michelle - she and I went to the same high school, though she is old and it wasn't at the same time. (Memo to self, either edit this before she comes here or never tell her about it.) But that is four times in like eight weeks now, and while we have a really nice time when we get together, I would certainly like more. So with that being so sporadic and e-harmony not doing much for me, well, it was a low point on the online dating scene.

Now I have several women that I am quite interested in. In addition to Michelle and Cathy are Amy - who also went to Trinity University and had the same major, so we have a lot of friends in common though we weren't there at the same time either - and MaryJane, who the last couple of days has disappeared, and Julie, though she lives in Kyle - about a 45 minute drive away. It is not impossible, but given three really attractive women in San Antonio, Julie may have to wait her turn.

Amy impressed me to no end when she professed herself to be not just a Spurs fan (they are not too rare in San Antonio) but also a Royals fan. I have loved the Royals since approximately four months before I was born. Anyway, Amy said her favorite player of all time was Freddy Patek, who was at the time the shortest major leaguer and a shortstop for the Royals from 1971-79. Very good glove, very quick. Had a couple .300 seasons, stole over 50 bases in a season I believe, and later in his career, believe it or not, had three homeruns in a game while playing for the California Angels. So he is a worthy choice as a favorite player - no George Brett, but then who is?

But the main thing is that it is just funny how hot and cold these dating things run. In the last couple of weeks in May, I had five first dates in about two weeks, only two of which were interesting. Sally decided she needed someone cuter - who could blame her? - and Jillian turned out to be a fruitcake, though I had no idea at the time. And then there was nothing basically for the entire months of June and July - one gal interesting, but it turned out she was just about to go to Mexico for four months - and I was about to give up on it again. And now it is a mad season again.

I am sure there will be much more about dating as we go forward. Oh, and here is a cool interview with Freddy Patek I found on the Royals website from just a couple of weeks ago.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050724&content_id=1143925&vkey=news_kc&fext=.jsp&c_id=kc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556