Tuesday, October 04, 2005

the worst suckout at the right time

I administered the worst suckout to a guy I have ever seen today, and it parlayed itself into a nice chunk of change.

I was in fifth of five playing in a 45 player tourney this afternoon, and was in pretty bad shape. But I caught aces and was able to almost triple up on the hand. So while I was still in fifth, I was back over ten times the big blind, which meant at least I could play rather than wait for a hand and move in with it.

I pick up A4 in the big blind, and one guy raised to twice the blind, and I called. The flop came AKJ, and I moved in with it. The guy called and turned over AJ. As it turns out, a king would have split the pot, as we each would have played AAKKJ, and running QT would give us both straights. But I caught running fours to make a full house and move into contention. I ended up in second place for the tourney. The difference between fifth and second was a decent chunk of money.

It is the only suckout I have ever had where I sincerely felt bad for the other guy. The only way he loses the pot is for me to catch two of the three remaining fours with the last two cards.

Pokerstars is running a blogger only tournament in a couple of weeks. It should be fun. It is free for us bloggers, with the grand prize being a spot on the poker cruise coming up and an entry into the $8000 buy in tournament. That is about the only way I would ever play in a tourney that big. So wish me luck ......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556