Monday, October 03, 2005

99% Angel

Katie is wearing one of my favorite of her shirts, a white T-shirt that says simply, 99% Angel. Becky and I found it in Jefferson, TX, not long after moving back to Texas in 2002. We were so attracted to it because it so captured our child (and all children?) that we purchased it even though it was a size 5 or whatever.

At the time, I thought it was funny because it leaves unsaid what the other 1% is, and I hope that is what most people think about when they see her in it. That is the point of the shirt.

But when I see it, I see Becky in her. I see what a monument to Becky this child remains. I could ask for nothing more than for her to be 99% of Becky, with just a smidge of some of the good things about me tossed in as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556