Saturday, October 01, 2005

Katie has short hair

Katie got a pretty major haircut today. She got a head start on it herself, taking about four locks out of her hair in her room this morning. I didn't notice, but my mom did, and so on their way homr from playing today, they went to a hair salon and got it chopped off properly. It is now just below her ears, and it makes her look even more like Becky, as this is how she wore her hair when we met, and it is also how she cut her hair when Katie was born, so as to keep her from grabbing it. Most of the rest of the time it was longer, which was how I thought it was prettiest, but that style just really reminded me of Becky today.

So she will be a sensation at church tomorrow, I am sure.

We had a couple of pals over for her to play with tonight. I so enjoy having her friends in the house. I think Caroline said it best; when she has friends over, they compete for each other's attention rather than trying to get mine. So they just played in the back in Katie's room, and it was thoroughly fun for them. They played school, and they were each teachers. And then they drew and colored and drew and colored and painted and there is enough paper strewn across that room to choke a fair sized yak. But it is easy to clean up, so no problem.

Next week, we are headed to Austin. Becky's brother is getting married this week or next week in Vegas, and they are having a reception at their house in Hutto - north of town - Saturday night. It will be good to see Becky's family again - we see too little of them, and I am not sure how much of that is in my control.

I did something I hate doing, but I took Indy in my survivor league again. That uses them up; my league has a stipulation of not using a team more than twice. The obvious choice, I think, was Cincy at home over Houston, but I just have a funny feeling about that game. Now I cheering for the Texans, for if they win, two thirds of the remaining players are gone. I hate taking a road team, especially in a divisional game, and I hate going against Fisher, who is one of my favorite coaches. So I may change my mind and take the Panthers over the Pack on Monday night, but who knows whether Favre will be brilliant or terrible in that game - it won't be anything in between. Or maybe the Giants at home against the Rams. You can count on Mike Martz to give his team the best opportunity to lose that game.

Sleep well. I am off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556