Thursday, October 06, 2005

that sucked

I am just playing in a little $1.50 tourney on Poker Stars, and I pick up a pair of threes, and the flop comes 663, two spades. So I am staring at a full house on the flop. Which is almost always a good thing. There were four players on the hand. So I check, the next hand moves all in, the next hand calls, and the third guy raises all in. And I am staring at a boat.

And I am thinking about what these clowns have. One of them has a six. The other two have spades. Maybe two of them have sixes and one has spades. But the only hands I am losing to right now are 66 and 63. So I call, and the cards come over.

First guy has 56 of diamonds and a set of sixes. He is just unlucky, methinks, to not have the best hand of the moment. Next guy has A9 of spades, nut flush draw. Last guy has 74 of spades, spade draw. So even with all four players, they combined have four outs against me. If a five hits, the one guy makes a better boat, 6/5, and if the case 6 hits, he has quads. If the 5 of spades happens to hit, then the one dude makes a straight flush. Dude with A9 drawing at the nut flush is drawing dead. But nice to know you. The turn is a blank, and the river is the magical five of spades. So not only do I not win the main pot, but I am shut out of the side pots by the 6/5 full house.

I am about 82% or so to win on the flop with two shots at four outs. And if I quadruple up, I am a monster chip leader with five to play, but instead I am out in sixth. Oh well, I guess I want to save all my luck for the blogger tourney on the 23rd.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Denton: Gawker Media not for sale
Gawker Media's Nick Denton has written that his network is not for sale, and believes that: The whole point about blogs is that they're not part of big media.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a "make money fast" site. It pretty much covers "make money fast" related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

10/06/2005 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556