Sunday, October 09, 2005

survived

When I saw the NFL schedule, I was sad I had burned my two uses of the Colts as they had the 49ers with a kid making his first start.

But I have lived for another week by taking the Broncos over the most offensively named team in all of American pro sports. Seriously, unless you are going to make your mascot an Idaho potato, it is time to be done with the Redskins.

In other news, I have been wrong about basically everything in these baseball playoffs, but I love Mussina starting in game five tomorrow for the Yankees. He needs a vintage moment, and winning a deciding game with Rivera only available an inning at most would be huge. If it were a springboard to a title for the Yankees, it might be the punched ticket into the Hall of Fame.

In other baseball news, the White Sox suck. Some things are, after all, eternal.

I like the Cardinals to win against the Astros, though I love Berkman and it is tough to look past those three aces for the Stros. But I like the Cardinals anyway. Pujols is a machine; Carpenter was as good as anyone, and I have long been a Matt Morris fan. He was on my fantasy baseball team for two years. How can you not love him?

Much more later about my crazy weekend. Tomorrow Katie is off from school, so I am off from work. Hopefully, she will give me an hour to type; anything less wouldn't do justice to all I have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556