Friday, August 19, 2005

week one

Unsurprisingly, Katie managed the first week of kindergarden successfully. She had perfect marks on her self-manager reports each day, and enjoyed the time in the classroom. I am still trying to figure out how to get her enough sleep, though. She has been going to bed at eight, and this morning I let her sleep all the way until 7, which means we have to be a well-oiled machine to get her fed, dressed, packed, and hugged before we need to leave at 7:30. But when I was getting her up at 6:30, she was cranky-girl. But then I could let her get used to the idea of being awake by watching the Wiggles.

It is an ongoing experiment. Should I really be trying to get her to bed by 7:30 at night? That would put her sleep more in line with what she was getting this summer.

Today she had music in school, and has been singing, "This Land is My Land" since getting home. And she went to the library, but I am beginning to wonder about library time when she doesn't even check any books out. I mean, what is the point but to begin to discover all the amazing stuff located in all those books. Let 'em look and bring out a few and take a few home for bedtime stories. Yes, it is a mess for Marian when they leave a pile behind. But what else does a librarian do but put up books for kids? First, there is PE where they just have to sit. Now the library where they don't check out books. I guess next week, there will be fire drills where they stay at their desks.

Ok, I am really happy with the school and teacher. That is mostly joking.

I got a couple of articles finished today, which is good. One is pretty good and the other isn't, but that is why I sent them to friends and hopefully we can have both be pretty good before long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556