Thursday, August 18, 2005

grrrrrrrrrr

Bad news from the land of the community colleges. It looks like they don't have any classes for me this semester. Which means I need to get much more focused on my writing projects than I have been the last couple of weeks in particular. This week, I have given myself somewhat of a pass because of how much emotion has gone into it with Katie starting school.

It was a very nice message, and said he wanted me to stay in touch because they could surely use me in the future. But it is annoying. I had never gotten any confirmation of anything, but I received in the mail a letter entitled, "Dear faculty member" last week, which made it seem like I had a gig. Well, the upshot is that I have been hired as an adjunct faculty member, but just don't have any classes this semester.

And so the only source of a real paycheck seems to be gone for the semester. I don't want to find a full-time job if I can avoid it. I want to be able to spend the time with Katie; I want to spend parts of each day writing, and those things would be much more difficult if I have to be working 40 hours a week. Throw in the fact that I don't really like accounting, and well, you see where I am coming from.

I guess now I will put in my name for substitute teaching. It is not as good an alternative, I don't think, as the community college. Pay will probably be much less, and instead of having part of each day teaching and part of each day writing, I will be doing all teaching some days and all writing others. It is not horrible, but it is just isn't what I want right now.

So if anyone reading this wants to hire an accountant for the 10am - 2pm shift M-F, please don't hesitate to contact me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556