Saturday, July 29, 2006

lunch with one of my favorite people

I got to have lunch with one of my favorite people yesterday, a woman who I thought was gorgeous when she was 17, but little did I know how she would blossom at twice that. It has been one of the treats of the last several months having an ongoing e-mail conversation with her.

It was a lot of fun having lunch, and just an important reminder of how important it is for me as for everyone to live out of the deep parts of our lives. We too easily get caught up in the competition to be perfect and to have everyone think that our lives are flawless, when in fact all of us are broken in some ways. I got to have a lot of those conversations this week, from the deep end of my life, and that has made it a wonderful week, excepting the bit about Katie and I being sick at the beginning of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556