Sunday, July 16, 2006

it's been a while

Since I posted. I have been very busy; work has erupted in the last several weeks, and so most of the time I spent at home when I could reflect and write, I have been working on stuff I could bring home. Which is not good. I need the time to reflect, and I haven't been getting it.

In general, it has not been a good couple of weeks for me. The family reunion was not the outright disaster it had been the last couple of years, but it was not good. Work has sucked recently. I am tired of the personality conflicts and the politics. Two of my best friends were on vacation at the same time, and gone for far too long, and I missed them and the organization missed them as well.

But there has been good stuff as well. I met a wonderful woman last night for a delightful evening. I am hesitant to call it a date, maybe a friendly date is the way to label it. We went to a concert at the church that was just lovely, but the music paled in comparison to my companion. A half dozen people at church this morning came up to me and asked about her. It was certainly a nice evening, a well-deserved one for both of us as well. We have had a series of delightful phone calls over the last several months, but we both need to be taking things slow. I am not sure what I am capable of right now, and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew and then have to retreat from it.

Who knows? I am tired and going to bed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just wondering if you are the Curtis Ruder that I knew in high school from St. John Neumann's Catholic church and Judon HS. If so (well, even if not, really) I am delighted to discover that you are a father of a wonderful little girl and sorrowed to hear of the loss of her mother, whom I suppose I never knew.

If you are, indeed, my old friend, I'd love to hear from you some time.

Kimberly Davis (now Kohler)

7/17/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Curtis Ruder said...

yup, this is me. Sorry to take so long to reply; I have been swamped with work the last couple of days.

Send me an e-mail (curtisruder@hotmail.com) and we'll catch up......

Curtis

7/19/2006 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556