Tuesday, May 30, 2006

first day of swimming lessons

Katie had her first day at swimming lessons today. She did well, and we went to the pool after getting home tonight and she showed me some of the stuff she had done. She is certainly more comfortable floating on her back than ever before, and she is also doing a better freestyle than ever before. So the first day must be called a success, though I do think we need to remind them to put sunblock on her, as her shoulders were much darker than before. I don't know that they were burned, but it was certainly close.

It was a crazy day at work today. Monday and Tuesday are always the busiest days of the week. Tuesday mornings, we have a group that does ID recovery for folks that need to get a driver's license, birth certificate, or whatever. And since they are only there once a week, I try to accomodate them and get them any checks they need that morning. And then you have the money from the parking lot over the weekend that needs to be unfolded and counted. And then today it was busier because we had to do the Sunday collection ourselves. Usually, we have a group of lay folks who come in to do that each week, but between the different schedule and the holiday none of them could make it. And so it was just a zoo today.

I am playing in a poker tournament tonight. They have a couple of different payout structures, which I am just noticing, for their large tournaments. Some of the tourneys have about 20% of the people place, and some of them have about 10% of the people place. Obviously, it is easier to get something back when there are more players, but the prizes are larger if fewer people win. I can't decide which I like better. Tonight I am playing in one with the fewer people placing. The tourney started with 648 and only 63 people place. I will like it if I get into the top 63; I guess that is the bottom line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556