Monday, May 15, 2006

Mothers' Day

Today turned out to be a very blessed day for me and Katie. She was baptized this morning at church.

When I picked Mothers' Day to have her baptized a month or so ago, I picked this day because my brothers would be in town. I picked it because I wanted to honor Becky and honor my mother and have this be my MD gift to them.

And those things happened, and yet that is not the real reason she needed to be baptized today. She needed to be baptized today because this could have been a really hard day for us, and we needed the community to lift us up and carry us today, and to shower us with love. And so they did. Family did as did the church community, and I am so grateful for both. It is amazing the number of times that I have made decisions for good reasons, and they turned out to be good decisions, but the real reasons they were good were completely unknown to me at the time I made them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

I thought of you and Katie yesterday and hoped that the day would be gentle with you. I'm so glad that it was and that you had something so beautiful to do, surrounded by folks that love you.

5/16/2006 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556