Saturday, May 06, 2006

ugh ugh ugh

It has been a long, tiring day. It started seemingly innocuous enough. Katie and I got up this morning, watched the end of the Sound of Music, getting ready for tomorrow, had some breakfast, went to see my dad. They headed off to Fiesta Texas to spend the day, and my day turned to pot .......

First, I went to Best Buy because of the ongoing business with my satellite radio. I love having the satellite radio in my car. I have Sirius. When I bought a new car last year in February, I had the folks at Best Buy move the receiver and antennae from one car to the other. Which worked fine until December, in which the mounting gave way. So I went in to have it remounted on the dash, and two weeks later it came off again. And the process repeated.

So the last time I went in to get it remounted in March or so, they told me the antennae was messed up. Because the unit was old, they had to order a new antennae, and it took a couple of weeks to get there and a couple more weeks for me to get by there and have it installed. With the new antennae, it worked for maybe five minutes. And so I was back last week, and they decided it wasn't the antennae that had been giving me the problem, but the receiver. So I had a new antennae I didn't need, and didn't have the receiver I do need. So I went in and told the store manager this whole story, and they gave me a decent deal.

Back when I bought the satellite radio, over three years ago now, I purchased the lifetime subscription, and to transfer it to a new receiver is $70 or something like that.

Just annoying, but the day was young.

Get in the car to go to the gym and work out - and complain there, too - and as I get there, the car is driving horribly, and I have a slashed tire and it is horribly flat. So I call the Roadside Assistance with Saturn - which was wonderful, by the way, very professional. But it did take a couple of hours and mean another unexpected purchase of a couple hundred bucks.

And in the mean time, I did get in a good swim, but I also had to bitch at the people at Gold's Gym. I changed checking accounts in December, and since have been trying to get my dues there directly taken out of my bank. Every month the bank was kicking it back, and I would get a nasty letter in the mail saying I hadn't paid and charging me late fees. And every month I would go in and complain and they would take off my late fees and I would write a check and they would promise to look into it. Every month the same.

Finally, two weeks ago, after four consecutive months of this, I get to talk to the business manager. And he looks it up, realizes that the address is wrong, which was their fault since they just pulled it off the check and it is correct on there. And so he says that he has fixed it and it will be effective with the June 6 payment and so I paid for two months, and thought it was finally over. Except for I got my bank statement this week, and they not only cashed my check for two months, but they automatically withdrew the money for two months. And so I got to go in and complain there. And the gal said they would credit my account for two months, and while that would be fine, I am going to raise a stink because they have insulted me for months and then charged me double. So I want the money back, and they can get it when they are due it and not before.

Ahhhhhh.

But I am doing well in the Crawford Charitable Poker Tournament, so that is good. Getting close to the money .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556