Wednesday, May 31, 2006

duh

I have been using the team name "Giant Gambian Pouched Rats" for my fantasy teams the last couple of years. It is a tribute to Gregg Easterbrook and the Tuesday Morning Quarterback column. A couple of years ago, he pointed out that these rats are exceptionally good bomb sniffers and have saved many lives in Mozambique, which is recovering from a civil war. (In God's eyes, all wars are civil wars, so I guess that is redundant, but now I am getting philosophical....)

Anyway, that has been a good name since I couldn't be the Cracker Monkeys anymore now that Pat and I have split up our ownership. That name is a great story in itself.

Anyway, all season long, I have been changing my team motto to different random Great Big Sea lyrics - this week, it is "We'll rant and we'll roar like true Newfoundlanders." And in doing so, all of the sudden I realized my team name should be ......

Great Big C.

And so now it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556