Thursday, July 27, 2006

happy birthday to me

When I started this song I was still 33
The age that Mozart died and sweet Jesus was set free.
Just today I had my birthday; I made it - 34.
Mere mortal, not immortal, not star-crossed anymore.
I have a problem with my aging I no longer can ignore:
a tame and toothless tabby can't produce a lion's roar.

Harry Chapin

I have had a good birthday today. Katie was very funny this morning. As we were leaving the house, we were talking about a friend of ours who happens to be 37, and she said something about me being older. So I asked her how old I am, and she said 33, and I said no, and she said yes, and we went back and forth a couple times. And then she remembered it is my birthday, and she smiled and then frowned and said, "Just because it is your birthday doesn't mean you have to be so happy."

But she perked up and by the time we made it to her daycare, she darted in and told everyone it was my birthday, so I got a preschool chorus singing to me this morning. And then there were cupcakes at work, which was very nice, and dinner with my mom and brother, which was fun, too.

So all in all it was a good day for this tame and toothless tabby. I will go to bed not roaring, but purring, which is probably better anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556