Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter

We have had a very nice Saturday. I awoke to the sound of Katie crooning Joe McDermott songs on the karaoke machine and found a woman's t-shirt in my bed. I almost wondered if I had really forgotten something last night, but then remembered Katie went over to friends' house last night in one of her Easter dresses and changed into Maggie's T-shirt at bedtime. I sighed, and then thought it would be way worse to have finally gotten laid and not remembered it, and with that thought in my head I hit the showers.

We watched some videos from my new Great Big Sea DVD and sang some of the karaoke tracks on there. Very fun, though I think I would have to practice for five years before I could ever come close to MariMac. The concert is but a few days away. Woo-hoo.

Then we went and had some lunch and ran some errands. I cannot get out of Target for less than $100. I went in looking for lightbulbs, a half gallon of milk, and some underwear. By the time we were done, there was a soccer ball in there and who knows what all else, and it was right at $100 as always. And we got a couple of books at Cokebury. I was planning on getting the books for the Sunday school class, but they were not in.

And then we came home and played soccer for an hour or so. Katie has a sense of the game. She is a decent dribbler, and does a good job of keeping her body between me and the ball so I can't get to it, which is pretty good instincts. We were basically just having fun kicking it back and forth, but I got her leading me with passes. At first she would always just kick it at wherever I was as opposed to where I was going, but she got the hang of it. And she was even using the inside of her foot to kick most of the time by the time we were done. I didn't even tell her that, but I think she was copying me.

And so then all hot and sweaty, I watched the Royals lose again and played a little poker online. I came in second in a 45-er tournament, which took my cash total there back over $200, which is where I cashed it down to the last time I got money out. It had gotten down to about $60. The other tournament I played was just a one-table, so it paid three places. Down to four players, I was comfortably second, and third and fourth were both short-stacked. On three consecutive hands, I went to the river card with someone all in. The first one, the guy had three outs (A9 against A8 and down to needing an 8) and caught one. The second one, the guy had two outs (big pair versus small pair - needed trips) and caught one on the river. And then against the chip leader, I was all in and he had one out. I raised from the small blind with K7 and he called, and the flop was king high. I moved in, he called with 77. So only the case seven could help him, and he caught it on the river. So three, two, one outs against me on three straight hands all caught, and I was out on the bubble. Never had anything like that before.

But I played well in both tournaments, and ended up well ahead on the day, probably close to $50, and I am positive since cashing out for the first time since, so that is good, too.

And now I am going to bed so that tomorrow I can worship with clear eyes. Have a blessed Easter tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556