Sunday, April 02, 2006

Summer is upon us!

High of 93 degrees in San Antonio today. I have so far resisted turning the AC on. I try to make it six months of each year without any heating or cooling, which requires me making it at least a few more weeks. But I don't think it is going to happen. We have been playing in the sprinklers here to cool off - why they are watering the grass at the hottest time of day, I do not know. But I am grateful. I guess the good news is that the pool will open soon, which is such a blessing to our lives. Not just for the chance to cool down, but it is an easy way for us to play together. Too often I just watch her play, but the pool is more together.

In the mean time, I am going to throw down another bottle of Ozarka. At least I will get another blast of winter in three weeks when I go to Vermont.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mmm said...

I just wanted to say that I just came across your blog and read some of your posts. They made me cry. I'm so sorry you've lost your wife. I think what would it be like if that happend to me or vice versa, to my wfe. teh hardest part would be the kids. Our faith would keep us going but the pain of a love loss is so real too. You seem to have a really good attitude towards things, given what they are and it's good to read how invested you are in your little girl. I'm so glad to se you cherish the gift of love you had for a while at least with Becky. It is very touching and encouraging.
Take care.

4/02/2006 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556