Wednesday, March 29, 2006

year three

And now it is the start of year three.

Today was actually quite a peaceful day. I took the day off from work, and dropped Katie off at school and caught a nap, which was key after getting in so late on Sunday night from Dallas. I went down to lunch at Spaghetti Warehouse, where we had our first date back on November 4, 1993.

I went to Trinity for a little while after lunch. I took them the money for Becky's scholarship for the year. Spent some time sitting around the fountain now that Northrup Hall is finished being renovated. But then it started to rain, and so I headed into Parker Chapel for a while. Fortunately, Dr. Heller was practicing on the organ; he plays magnificently, and it is a beautiful instrument. And so that provided a nice backdrop for silence internally. Several times I had to force dumb thoughts out of my head, but that is just par for the course with my head.

And before I knew it, it was time to pick up Katie. We went to the gym and then to Best Buy; I am getting the satellite radio fixed in my car. While we were there, we picked up a couple new Disney discs for the karaoke machine. One of them is inspired by the Chicken Little movie, but it has some fun pop songs on there. Katie was having fun with Ain't No Mountain High Enough and I Will Survive. And I had fun singing It's the End of the World as We Know It (But I feel fine). We just got the movie on DVD but haven't watched it yet.

Then we had dinner at Shanghai, and shared Becky's favorite dish - sesame chicken - and crab rangoon. I didn't mention to Katie what today was. I don't know if I should have or not, but my instincts are usually good about this. I don't know what purpose it would have served unless I was feeling sad and wanted her to understand why. But I was in high spirits today. I needed the quiet time to myself, so I took it, and it was a good day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In what seems a rather large understatement, it seems unfathomable that it has been two years.

3/30/2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Curtis Ruder said...

And yet, it is almost as unfathomable that it has only been two years.

4/09/2006 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556