Monday, February 20, 2006

sick today

Well, today I am hobbled by Katie's stomach bug from Wednesday. I guess it is my turn; my parents each took their turn over the weekend.

I think the first time I have been sick since Becky died, at least vomiting sick. I really am a lousy patient when sick. I want to be left alone as much as possible. Either I will emerge or cart my body off when it is over is what I would tell Becky. And she would honor that to the largest extent, leaving me alone except when absolutely necessary, but at the same time my water would always be full and she would clean the toilet after every vomiting episode, and usually without me knowing either. And it is one thing to not notice it while I was sick, but I didn't even acknowledge it once better. I am sorry for that, sweetie. I miss you again today in a new way. I know I did those things for you when it was my turn. But you at least thanked me for them.

I have been looking forward to spending a whole day in bed for quite a while now. I'd just hoped I'd convinced someone to spend it there with me. This is not quite what I had in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556