Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Year With Bonhoeffer

Jim Wallis just edited a new book entitled a year with Bonhoeffer about the German theologian executed by the Nazis for resisting Hitler. I have quite enjoyed it so far. I was given a copy of The Cost of Discipleship in 1989, and it remains one of the most influential books of my life. I would certainly recommend that over this new book because the short (page long) snippets from Bonhoeffer's writings sometimes would be better off in the flow of a whole work. But at the same time, it does make the reading easier.

I have also been reading a John Irving novel recently called Widow for a Year or something like that. An interesting book thus far; I am not far enough in to give definitive word on how good it is. I have never read any of his work before, so who knows? I am interested so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556