Thursday, August 25, 2005

the parable of the Sower

I was asked in a comment why I had said leaving ywbb was against what I feel to be what I am called to do. So I will answer that. Not that I will go back, just that I will answer.

Matt 13: 3b - 8

A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path, and birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil. It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep, and when the sun rose it was scorched, and withered for lack of roots. Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it. But some seed fell on the rich soil, and it produced fruit, a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold.


I had always thought of this as the parable of the ground. Try to make my ground as fertile as possible so that when I receive grace - seed - from God, I might be able to maximize its usefulness. I need to tend to my own soil, get the rocks out and the thorns out. I think that is a wonderful way to read the story.

But the title of this in my Bible, and I assume most, is the Parable of the Sower. And we are called to be sowers like the sowers in this story. We are called to take our seed and spread it and not worry about which bit of it hits the path and which bit of it hits the thorns and which bit gets into the good soil. Just chuck it and go.

I think my time, especially recently, at the ywbb has been very critical of others. I have been trying to get people to see things the way I see them. I don't think that is nefarious in intent, but that I have such a sense of purpose and meaning in my life right now, and I want to tell other widows about it. But I need to do that by casting the seed wherever I can chuck it. I have spent too much time worrying about the rocks in their ground.

But leaving is taking my seed and going home. And that is why I shouldn't do it. And yet, I am incapable right now of going back.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curtis
If you are the sower then you cannot do anything besides plant and water the seeds.If you are the ground then you must be open to be ready for fruit.You cannot worry about the unfruitful ground.
If you feel called to speak the truth in love,do it.Remember to have love and remember that you can change no one but yourself and that is only with God's help.
If you feel God doesn't want you on the board so be it. But if you feel that no one is changing the way you want them to,let God handle it and keep on keeping on.
I know I don't know you,but you are part of the family of God from the sound of it sooo...
Iam just throwing what I think in for you to pray about
God Bless

8/26/2005 1:05 AM  
Blogger Curtis Ruder said...

What you don't understand is that is how much I hate them. I hate the idiots that talk about using their life insurance money to get fake tits. And I hate the idiots that broadcast the hurtful insults and call us predators. Is it vanity and sinful? Yup, and worse things, too. And I don't freaking care.

8/26/2005 7:47 AM  
Blogger Abel Keogh said...

Maybe you've moved on enough that you've outgrown the blog...?

8/26/2005 10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Curtis, I'm so glad that you 'don't freaking care', because to be quite honest, we don't either.

I did the happy dance when I read your post about leaving the board. Goodbye and good riddance.

Your venom filled posts will not be missed in the least.

Thank you for gracing us with your presence. I'm so glad that I can say 'I've met the most perfect person in the world.'

I, however, am quite content with being imperfect. Imperfect and content - not a bad combination. Perfect and angry, like you - no thanks.

8/28/2005 1:57 AM  
Blogger Curtis Ruder said...

I wonder who is "venom-filled" now. Of course, I at least had the balls to attach my name to everything I wrote. Further proof of my perfection, I guess.

May you die with as much contentment as you have now, hopefully many years from now.

Curtis

8/28/2005 2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556