Tuesday, August 23, 2005

broke the news to Katie

Well, I broke the news of Spirit's death to Katie today after school. I didn't do it yesterday because I didn't need to - we weren't home much. We went to the swimming pool after school and then we went to my parents' house so I could go to a meeting at church, and by the time I got her and home from that, it was her bedtime.

So I did it today, and she handled it like a champ. I had prepared her by pointing out Spirit's tumor the last couple of weeks to show that he was sick. I told her that all cats die like all people, and that when our cats died, they would be angels too and go play with Mommy again. And so I told her that the cat doctor had called today and Spirit had died, and she said that was okay because he was playing with Mommy, and we talked about Spook and Tara, the other furballs in the house.

And then she asked for a kitten, and I told her that I thought two cats were plenty for two people. Long ago, she had assigned Spirit to me, Spook to mommy, and Tara to herself - I got the boy and the biggest cat - Mommy got the middle sized cat, and she got the smallest one, which is how she divided things. So she said that since Spirit was now Mommy's cat, Spook should be mine. So now I have a new cat, but at least not really. Because the last thing we really need is another furball. But I am pleased that the news has been broken and that she is doing well with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556