Tuesday, November 29, 2005

stud tourney

On a whim last night, I went away from my usual hold-'em and Omaha and played in a seven card stud tournament on Poker Stars. I had never played stud before, but thought, what the heck, and I ended up winning it.

I think that I would make a better stud player than hold-em player because of my bridge experience. Because I am used to the whole deck, it is relatively easy to keep track of the cards folded and how that changes the odds on a particular hand. Stud has a larger set of possibilities per hand, and I enjoyed it, though it did get cumbersome at times.

Just random thoughts .......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556