Monday, November 21, 2005

quotes

I have been reading a very interesting little book by Robert Fulghum - author of All I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarden - called Words I Wish I Wrote. It is a delightful little book, the perfect kind of book to stash in the bathroom and read in bits and pieces as you do your business. It has quotations of people that have been inspirational to him in his development. Several of them have stuck with me the last several days. Maybe later I will comment on them further, but for now I am just going to quote them because I am tired.

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
--Albert Camus.

After the final no there comes a yes
And on that yes the future world depends.
No was the night. Yes is the present sun.
--Wallace Stevens

And my personal favorite so far:
You can count how many seeds are in the apple, but not how many apples are in the seed.
-- Ken Kersey

And with that, good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556