Sunday, November 20, 2005

shorter, maybe not as good

I came across this link reading Andrew Sullivan today. It is from the Washington Post about Intelligent Design. A month or so ago I linked to a wonderful article in the New Republic about intelligent design versus evolution and the ramifications of the actions in Dover. I still think that article is better because it more carefully articulates the problems with the intelligent design as scientific theory. But for a primer, this is a nice article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/17/AR2005111701304.html

The Kansas state board of education evidently has decided that intelligent design must be taught alongside evolution in science classrooms. It is a poor decision, and frankly it makes me sad to think of my cousins learning their science in Kansas classrooms. Fortunately I trust my aunt and uncle enough to talk intelligently with them about this. How many children have that luxury? Call me crazy, but the curriculum of science classes should be science.

This is an old battle, but it must be won anew in every generation, or so it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556