Monday, November 21, 2005

good news

I got some good news today. The social security administration made a mistake in calculating what we should be receiving, and I am going to get an extra couple hundred dollars each month and a lump sum for the underpayment for the last 20 months or so. So that should pay for Christmas and then some.

And in other news, the Spurs are really good. Tonight they didn't use Horry at all but instead distributed his usual minutes among Nesterovich, Muhammed, and Oberto. The Kings made a nice run in the fourth quarter, but it was never really in question tonight. Duncan was efficient as usual. Parker has averaged eight layups per game thus far, which is silly.

I was thinking about this as I was watching the game tonight. The Spurs have been in the play-offs every year since Duncan entered the league, and the Kings every year for almost as many, with both of them going deep into the playoffs most of the time. And yet they have not played in the playoffs at least since the Kings were in KC, if ever. I wonder if two teams from the same conference have been to the playoffs more often and never met.

Yes, this is the kind of stuff I think about. What is worse is I may spend two hours in the next couple of days looking through the archives on NBA.com answering the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556