Friday, September 02, 2005

profound thought

I have been reading Bishop Spong's book as I mentioned below. I came across a very profound thought this evening as I read: "We must never confuse our perception of God with God." No matter what our perception, it is limited by our language, our expression, our perception.

Robert Fulghum along time ago had a similar thought. He said the one phrase he would put on a bumper sticker to remind himself all the time is, "I might be wrong."

There is much wisdom in humility. I wish I had more of both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556