Wednesday, August 31, 2005

another sports related post

I know it has been a lot of sports recently, but otherwise I would just be bashing people I am not happy with right now, and I am tired of it.

Anyway, espn.com is running a poll of sports fans about who is the best one on one player in the NBA. The choices are Lebron, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, and Allen Iverson.

First of all, Vince Carter is a complete jackass and loser. He gets a lifetime ban on any nice words being said about him for his behavior last season. He is an embarrassment and a poster child for everything that is wrong in sports. Of course, this makes him immensely popular in the NBA.

But the person who would get my vote is not even on the ballot. My goodness how the mighty have fallen, but where oh where is Kobe Bryant? I don't think it is even close. Those other guys - well, except Carter, who just sucks - are good, but Kobe can take over a game from the guard position like noone since Jordan in his prime. AI is close because he has the ball in his hands so much. But as a Spurs fan, I still would fear one game for the marbles with the Lakers because at any moment, Kobe could be so good that you simply can't win. None of the other players in the league at any position, instill that kind of fear.

It is amazing what a rape charge and a bum ankle can do to a guy. If he doesn't miss the month or so of the season that he did, the Lakers would almost certainly have made the playoffs and the rest of that team was crap. I am no Kobe fan, by any stretch of the imagination, especially since he cut the hair. But to not even make the list is astonishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556