Sunday, September 18, 2005

great quote

I came across this quote from one of Jimmy Carter's books entitled Living Faith.

"At least I wasn't as certain in my beliefs as Miriam "Ma" Ferguson, who was elected governor of Texas in 1924. There was then, as now, an intense debate about whether Spanish should be used in public schools by children who had recently moved to our country from Mexico. Governor Ferguson, who opposed the use of Spanish, concluded the argument by holding up a Holy Bible and saying, 'If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it is good enough for Texans!'"

I guess that would conclude the argument. How can there be any response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556