Saturday, September 17, 2005

sleepover almost a complete success

Well, we had a blast here tonight. Katie and Felicia played so well together. We went to the pool for about an hour, and that wore them out some, and it was a good excuse to get them into pajamas, and then they played some more, and then we read three bedtime stories, and then they went to bed about 9:15, and they played while in bed for another half hour or so, and then they were out.

Sadly, though, I just woke up to whimpering, and poor little Felicia had woken up and was crying in a strange bed. So I held her for a few minutes and she fell straight back asleep. Of course, now I am wide awake, and am trying to resist the urge to play another poker tournament. My string of seven straight cashes has been followed by four straight out of the money, and I am not happy about that. This last one I think I played as well as I play, just got unlucky. That is going to happen. I got left in the big blind with a 53 unsuited, and as it turns out, hit a straight on the turn on the following sequence: 4 6 Q (7) T. The small blind had made a small bet on the flop, which I and one player called. Then I made a larger bet on the turn, and moved in on the river. Somehow the dude played his 89 offsuit all the way through. I wouldn't even call the blind, but he called the blind and a small raise on the flop with nothing at all. I don't think there is any way I can figure this hand out. I am not a fan of calling my size of the pot bet with a draw, but the third player was with us the whole way, having completed the blind with Q4 and having made two pair on the flop, so maybe the pot odds were right. I was decimated and the two pair girl was sent packing. I managed to win a couple of hands to get into 12th place, still the short stack, and picked up pocket sevens, moved in, was called by AT suited, and lost that hand, too. The bottom line is I am chip leader if he doesn't hit his straight, and I am back in the game if my sevens hold up.

But all that being said, it is still four straight out of the money, including both yesterday and both today, my first two losing days in over a week. Ah well. I guess a good time to take a day off, and what with all the stuff on the slate for tomorrow - party for my mom's work, a party celebrating the end of comps for some of my old classmates, and the Notre Dame and FSU football games, I doubt there will be time for poker anyway.

And then it is jazz Sunday at church, and that will be awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556