Friday, December 30, 2005

not my night for cards again

Played in two tourneys and got close to the money in each of them and was rudely bounced. In the first, I held pocket kings, flop comes Q9x and a dude moved in on it. I called; he had king-ten and hit the jack on the turn for a straight.

In the other, I had tens and a dude moved in with A7 suited. I called, and he caught an ace on the river.

So I am playing well - each of those hands would have left me as chip leader within two or three spots of the money - just didn't have any results at all tonight.

Katie and I hooked up our karaoke machine that we got tonight. I need to find some songs she knows well so that she can keep up. We have some Disney songs, but they just move too quick for her. It is fun for me - I have always liked "Kiss the Girl" from Little Mermaid and "I won't say I'm in love" from Hercules, and both of those songs are on disks we have. So is "Whole New World" from Aladdin and "Part of Their World" from Little Mermaid and "Hakuna Matata" from Lion King. All fun for me, but she just doesn't know the songs well enough.

I am thinking about getting the Great Big DVD because not only does it have a GBS concert on it, but it has the only three karaoke tracks of GBS songs made thus far. And how can there not be a compilation of Harry Chapin songs on karaoke disks? It is an outrage. But I do have a disk of James Taylor songs on the way, though it doesn't have anything from his last two original albums - October Road and Hourglass. I would really love to have September Grass, October Road, Gotta Spend a Little More Time, Jump Up Beside Me, and Boatman.

And Katie has specifically requested we get her Blue Bayou to sing by Linda Rondstadt. No, this is not your ordinary five year old ......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556