Sunday, October 16, 2005

a busy weekend

It has been a busy weekend around here. My brother and his wife came down from Dallas, and it was great to see them. We do not see them as much as I would like to - but it is volleyball season for Bonnie and just tough for us all to get away. Katie got to play and show off and all of those things.

They came down because Bonnie's grandmother was doing very poorly, but she seems to have improved a lot over the weekend, so that is wonderful news. So Cathy and I were supposed to have a date on Friday night, so I dragged her along to meet all the Ruders. And that went well. We had a long talk on Friday night; I have noticed Katie being very possessive of me the last couple of weeks, and I don't know how much of it is related to me dating now or if it is just a phase thing. It is a difficult balancing act, for sure.

Saturday blew by in a blur. We had parties to go to, the Notre Dame game held our attention. We had talked about going to Fiesta Texas after the game, but we were too emotionally worn out. I was afraid Pat was going to spike Katie when ND scored with two minutes left to take the lead. But he resisted, though his whooping around the house gave her a huge case of giggles.

And today we spent a lot of time at the playground. I need to do a better job of playing with her, and not just supervising her play. That is my goal for the next few days - take some time to do that. We haven't done that as much recently, largely because she is constantly playing with friends. But I need to be more active with her.

But first I need to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8680556